Before I can start backup the client, I need to add the client on the NetVault Backup Server list. Lets add the client to the list.
- Open NetVault Backup Server WebUI.
- Menu > Configuration > Manage Clients
- Click Add Client.
- Below show the NetVault Client (AD01) is visible.
- Let do the Firewall Test to make sure the connection between client and server is OK.
- Select the client and click Firewall Test.
- Below show the result and based on the result, all the test is pass.
- Make sure the Windows Firewall on client is configure correctly.
- Since I left the password blank during the client installation and disable the security should be I didn’t have an issue proceed add the client.
- Optional to enter description for the client. Click Next.
- Click Next. Since the Windows Firewall is allowing all the communication, there is no addition configuration here.
- The client is added successfully.
- Click on Menu > Configuration > Manage Clients
- Below show the client AD01 is in the list.
Client already in the list, next I need to create a backup job for that client and start protect it.